8/29/2005

Put another nickel in, in the nickelodeon....

All I want is loving you and music, music, music!*

It's the Music Meme - in this case, I found out about it from Norbizness. Go to Music Outfitters and search for the year you graduated from high school.

I wrote some of my thoughts in the comments thread over at Norbizness.

An interesting alternative meme was to look up the top 100 from when you were 13 years old. Here, I must confess, we hit upon a few songs I am still quite fond of.

11. Tainted Love, Soft Cell
16. 867-5309 (Jenny), Tommy Tutone
67. I Ran, A Flock Of Seagulls
68. Somebody's Baby, Jackson Browne (only because it reminds me of Fast Times at Ridgemont High, which I saw when I was 13)
79. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, Police (probably my favorite song by The Police)

In 1983, I was very into popular music, because I loved a lot of the songs that were in the top 100 that year:

10. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This), Eurythmics
11. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me, Culture Club
13. Come On Eileen, Dexy's Midnight Runners
17. Hungry Like The Wolf, Duran Duran
18. Let's Dance, David Bowie
23. She Blinded Me With Science, Thomas Dolby
25. Little Red Corvette, Prince
26. Back On The Chain Gang, Pretenders
32. Sexual Healing, Marvin Gaye
33. (Keep Feeling) Fascination, Human League
36. Mickey, Toni Basil
41. 1999, Prince
42. Stray Cat Strut, Stray Cats
48. Dirty Laundry, Don Henley
51. Goody Two Shoes, Adam Ant
52. Rock The Casbah, Clash
53. Our House, Madness
55. Is There Something I Should Know, Duran Duran
62. China Girl, David Bowie
84. (She's) Sexy + 17, Stray Cats
91. Pass The Dutchie, Musical Youth

By the time 1987 rolled around, I was no longer listening to popular music.

*I'm channeling my mother, who has a song to go with any word you mention.

No comments: