11/01/2006

NaNoWriMo: Day 1

Well, it is nearly the end of day one of National Novel Writing Month, and I have successfully met and surpassed my goal of 1700 words - my novel is already 2031 words long. Of course, most of those words are utter crap, but that is not the point of NaNoWriMo, the point is merely to write 50,000 words in 30 days.

I have no clear idea of exactly where my story is headed thus far, but the book will feature a political scandal (not sure if it will be merely financial or financial/sexual) that brings down a conservative politician, and the effect that has on his conservative wife who learns that their marriage was a sham. And there will be a trip to Ireland, because I want to reminisce about our trip to Ireland this past February. Otherwise, my characters are moving wherever my brain happens to send them as I'm typing.

No comments: