9/02/2005

Answers to last week's quiz and a countdown

1. How wonderfully eccentric while at the same time being a complete waste of our time.
Answer: Mystery Men

2. You know, they tell ya to never hit a man with a closed fist but it is, on occasion, hilarious.
Answer: Firefly - score one for Christiana

3. Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Answer: Oscar Wilde - I think that is one for the Tart.

4. You know, I wish my parents played Mozart when I slept because half the time I don't even know what the heck anyone's talking about!
Answer: The Incredibles - one point to John Howard, author of the hottest blog on the internets

5. I don't need none of yo' tired ass country club, ya freak bitch!
Answer: Arrested Development - the line was uttered by Franklin, Gob's puppet.

6. She can't act, she can't sing, she can't dance. A triple threat.
Answer: Singin' In The Rain - said by Don Lockwood (Gene Kelly) about Lina Lamont (Jean Hagen - who interestingly enough dubbed Debbie Reynold's singing voice for the movie in which Debbie Reynold's character dubs Hagen's characters voice when talkies become the hot new thing.)

7. Your Majesty, you're like a big jam doughnut with cream on the top.
Answer: this was my trick answer, as the line was uttered by Oscar Wilde (as portrayed by Graham Chapman) in a sketch on Monty Python's Flying Circus

8. My ox is broken!
Answer: from The Amazing Race, Season 5. That line just cracks me up.

9. America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up.
Answer: Oscar Wilde

10. They had this look in their eyes, totally animal. I think they were young Republicans.
Answer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie, which was funny, because Joss Whedon wrote it, but pretty badly directed by someone who wasn't Joss Whedon.)

Also: tonight is Firefly Friday - the SciFi network is airing reruns of the killed-before-its-time series, at 7pm this evening. And that reminds me that it is only 27 days until the movie based on the series, Serenity, is released, and if you love me, like me, are moderately fond of me or merely wish me no ill, you will help make sure this movie has big Box Office on opening weekend so I can get sequels. Remember: it's all about me.

No comments: