6/12/2005

Winding down

Insanely busy week has come to a close.

Yesterday Loki and I got out of work early to watch the 1st & 2nd grade talent show. Monkey did an awesome rendition of the National Anthem and got a standing ovation. I managed to keep all the rowdy second graders in line backstage, and the show went off without a hitch.

Yesterday night, Sio and I sang in our Gilbert & Sullivan Pops concert, which went much better than it really had a right to. Our choir director is usually on top of everything, but this concert was surprisingly slapped together - we got one piece of music as the audience was filing into their seats! My solos were big hits, particularly my turn as the Fairy Queen in the segment we did on Iolanthe. Got lots of compliments after the show.

My favorite song was Sio's duet on "I Have a Song to Sing, O" - she did a beautiful job both with the singing and acting.

Tonight, Sio is at the senior prom with her boyfriend. They both looked gorgeous. Loki and I were talking after they left, about Sio's boyfriends. Her first boyfriend was very formal, a very nice kid, and one I strongly suspect has a "coming out" party somewhere in his future. The new boyfriend is very quiet, seems like a nice kid, and I would say extremely unlikely to be even a little gay. He has a blog (which I won't link to because I'm not supposed to know about the blog), and he writes a lot about Sio -- very sweet stuff, though, nothing that would make a mother too upset.

I met his mom tonight, and she mentioned that she married the boy she went with to the senior prom. I suspect she's angling to have Sio for a daughter-in-law someday.

No comments: