5/09/2008

Clinton v. Obama

My .02 on this volatile subject:

I am loathe to tell other people how they should vote, but if you tell me that you will stay home if your preferred candidate doesn't get the nomination, I reserve the right to think that you're a self-centered idiot.

I don't think Obama is the savior of the Democratic Party, or that Clinton is the only one who can defeat McCain. I don't expect either one of the them to be perfect; if I had my druthers, we would have a truly progressive candidate instead of two mushy centrists to choose between. But if you can't see that either of them is better than the alternative, you need more than the services of a good opthalmologist - you need to ignore the past 8 years, pretend that the 2000 election never happened, and think so highly of your own personal take on the political situation that you can't fathom that maybe you don't have all the answers.

5 comments:

John Howard said...

Well said. I can't believe there are people who consider themselves progressive who would even think of not voting, when that just makes it more likely that McCain will win. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Misty said...

Generally, I agree.

I'm still not sold on either Clinton or Obama yet but I'm quite sure I'll be voting Dem come November.

Tom Hilton said...

Amen. And again: amen. Well said, and absolutely right.

Brave Sir Robin said...

Damn right!

I had this fight with my sister of all people this week.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for all the great info. I was browsing through a bunch of political websites and blogs (mostly liberal ones) and I came across your blog and find it to be very interesting. There are a bunch of others I like too, like huff post, and other news sites like politico. Do you know of any that cover politics and the environment? I saw earthlab.com which has mostly environmental info but some politics. I took EarthLab.com’s carbon calculator (http://www.earthlab.com/signupprofile/). I was pretty easy to use (and it doesn’t make me feel guilty after I take it). Are there any other blogs you would recommend? Can you drop me a link to your favorites or any ones with green info?