1/14/2008

Oh, insomnia, my too frequent companion!

I have had about 3 hours of sleep in the past 2 days; I have put myself to bed 4 times tonight and as soon as my head hits the pillow, my eyes pop open and my brain starts going like mad - I have one sided conversations with people I know, imagine what my bedroom will look like when I get around to working on it, make lists of all the things that need to be done in the house, try to think about ways to make more money....and sleep eludes me.

And then there is the pain in my hip, which makes it difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep in.

I've taken Nyquil, and I've taken Tylenol PM. I'm tired, but I don't seem to be able to shut down.

I was up really late last night because we went to SIL's house to play Parcheesi, and we kept having to play rematches because Loki is a Parcheesi savant - nearly every time he had the dice in his hand, he rolled the optimum roll. It took the combined power of me, SIL and BIL, playing with the primary goal of taking down Loki, to keep him from winning the final game. And even so, he came in second!

So we didn't get home until 2:30, and then I couldn't get to sleep right away, so I slept from about 5 or so till about 7:30, when I had to get up for Mass. I was pretty bleary, but I didn't nap because I was worried that if I slept too much during the day, I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. Clearly, that didn't work.

No comments: