1/01/2008

2007 Meme (via Toast)

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? felt confident about my abilities as a singer.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I did keep my NY resolution from last year, which was to cook more often for my family. By the middle of the year, I had a weekly menu that got posted to the refrigerator. This year, my resolution is to get 8 hours of sleep a night. I may be purchasing either more Nyquil or Tylenol PM to make this happen.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?One of my co-workers had a baby girl last Friday.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My friends Al and Linda.

5. What places did you visit?New York City for Tartfest. The Bronx and Worcester for college visits.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? more self discipline

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I can't think of anything right now.

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? getting into a professional a cappella group; getting recognition for my work at my workplace, even if it was not recognized in as green and dollarlike a fashion as I would have preferred; keeping my patience with my husband.

9. What was your biggest failure? I didn't lose any weight.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? too often

11. What was the best thing you bought? a dishwasher

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? my sister Bernadette

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Joe Lieberman; everyone associated with the Bush administration.

14. Where did most of your money go? according to Quicken, most of my money went to "other". Of course, I just downloaded it, so I'm sure that as we move forward in 2008, most of my money will go to the mortgage, followed by education, insurance, medical needs, food, pets, other.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Sio going to college.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?And I Saw A New Heaven, even though it's an old song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? sadder and wiser
b) thinner or fatter? same
c) richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? read, socialized with friends, written letters, been a better parent.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?Eating of garbage food, watching TV, spending time on the computer.
20. How did you spend Christmas last year? In 2006, I spent Xmas with my in-laws.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? no
22. How many one-night stands? zero
23. What was your favorite TV program? Pushing Daisies
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2007? I can't remember
25. What was the best book you read? Pride & Prejudice
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Ruthie Foster
27. What did you want and get? a dishwasher
28. What did you want and not get? a computer for myself
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Waitress
30. Did you make some new friends this year? yes
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? graduating from college
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? What Not To Wear
33. What kept you sane? I think this question makes an unfair assumption about my current level of sanity.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?I'm sure there's someone, but I can't think of anyone at the moment.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?The continued loss of civil liberties in the US.
36. Who did you miss? my sister Theresa, who I hardly saw at all in 2007.
37. Who was the best new person you met? the women in my a cappella group, to a person.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.That sometimes you can only rely on yourself.

No comments: