6/27/2006

Letter from camp

I don't believe I've mentioned this on the blog yet, but both of my children are at camp right now. Sio is working as a counselor, and Monkey is a camper. We dropped Monkey off on Sunday in the middle of a monsoon. I left her with envelopes, stamps and paper so she would be sure to write to us.

Well, we got a letter from her today. And when I say "we", I mean "the cat" got a letter from her. It was addressed to Madouc (or, as Monkey creatively spelled it, Madook), and read as follows:

Dear Madook,

I miss you very, very, very, very much, and I'm sure Sio feels the same way. Tell Mom and Dad that I miss them, too. I also miss Cass*, and please tell him that, but I miss you the most.

Love**,

Monkey

*Cass is Casmir, our other cat
**This word is enclosed in a small heart. The entire letter is also enclosed in a heart

No comments: