7/01/2007

Day In The Life



Me first thing in the morning. Even the camera is a little bleary-eyed. Note that my bedhead looks kind of fabulous. Also: bodacious tatas.



One of my favorite places to be, although I do try to limit my driving.



Not one of my favorite places to be, but I have to lose weight before I can get my hip replaced.



Healthy breakfast of green tea.



My backyard.



I got my first ever pedicure a week or so ago.



Stinky in typical position - I call this the flat basset.



An uncharacteristic action shot of the furry beast.



I'M IN UR RECYCLING, REUSING AND SNOOZING



Had to pick up Monkey at SIL's house, this is a notable building in my town, Cheney Hall. It used to be a kind of Lyceum for the employees of the Cheney Mills, but fell into a state of disrepair when the mills closed down. One woman single-handedly raised a million dollars to save this building, and now it's restored to full glory. It's used as a performance space and wedding reception hall now.



Going over the Connecticut River to get to my SILs house - you can kind of see Hartford. I really shouldn't take pictures while I'm driving, though.



Still motivated by my Weight Watchers meeting, I have a healthy lunch.



I met SIL at Chuck E. Cheese, where the kids were eating lunch. This is my niece Sarah.



My nephew Ryan.



My niece Molly.



Monkey at Chuck E. Cheese.



After lunch, SIL had to return something to the evil empire. Monkey was trying to look pathetic, telling me that if the owners of the store saw her looking so pathetic and sick, they would open up the claw machine and let her pick out a stuffed animal.



Monkey tried to get her cousin Lauren in on the act, but Lauren was too giggly.



I went shopping for refrigerators....



...while SIL and the kids went to see Ratatouille.



After the movie, the kids had dinner at the park, and Molly did her imitation of Macauley Culkin in Home Alone.



Yes, a healthy dinner of chicken nuggets and a root beer float. I abstained.



They played on the playground for a while.



Then we went back to SIL's house, where the kids played on what has quite literally become a jungle gym.



My SIL's cute gingerbread Victorian.



Back home, I clean up. This picture would look a lot more impressive if you had seen the before, but I do have some shame.



I settle in to watch something recorded by the Tifaux - this time, it's Kathy Griffin: My Life On the D-List. I love her.



The husband, snuggled up with his outer space blanket, made by yours truly. In a few minutes, I'll have to wake him up for work, but we'll let him sleep a little bit longer.

No comments: