9/16/2006

It's all part of life's rich pageant

As I prepare to enter my late 30's* (which will happen on November 4th, and I love it when people remember my birthday, no matter how old I get), I am starting to experience some of the fun things that happen as you get older. In a way, it's like re-experiencing puberty. Let me elaborate.

Hair growing where it has never grown before!

I was brushing my hair back from my face today, and one strand just wouldn't stay behind my ear. I tugged on it and I realized that it was growing out of my earlobe. I pulled it out, but I know it will be back.

Your body goes through lots of changes!

In my case, my body has started to make strange noises. Specifically, my knees are making this noise that sounds sort of like a kernal of popcorn popping. This can't be good.

Your skin needs extra attention

As a natural redhead with lots of freckles who spent her childhood summers unprotected from those UV rays, I am prone to moles, and I seem to get new ones all the time now. (I am familiar with the ABCD's of mole identification, so I will get anything suspicious checked out).

*I'm 36, which my friends and family have mutually agreed qualifies one as being in one's mid-30s.

1 comment:

Paul said...

You're a very funny lady, and your photograph is impressive - especially when enlarged.