2/14/2006

The plague is sweeping through our house

In what will surely be perceived as good news by the French-hating wingers of the world, the maurinsky family will be bringing the plague to Paris tomorrow. It's a fairly tame version of the plague - no one has parts falling off or anything, just your standard sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever plague.

In the meantime, I'm trying to pack, and I've decided that the light packing I planned isn't light enough, so I have to cut back...or wear a lot more clothes to the airport tomorrow. If I'm lucky, I'll still have a fever and I will like having 4 layers of clothing on my body.

I'm now trying to decide if I should just cut my losses for tonight and get some sleep, or try and get a few more things done. I think I will throw a load of Loki's clothes in the wash, and call it a night. There are still dishes in the sink, and the trunk of the car needs to be emptied so we can fill it with luggage and dog food (the dog is going to stay with grandpa, the dog whisperer).

BTW, I just might be able to blog while we're on our trip - the apartment I rented in Paris has internet access.

No comments: