1/24/2006

Why I'm not blogging about anything important

I have been in news avoidance mode recently, preferring to read my news filtered through the snarky and smart left-wing bloggers these days. Today, I was driving home from work, and I didn't want to listen to the R.E.M. cd that Loki left in the player, so I listened to 3 minutes of NPR. I happened to tune in during Nina Totenberg's report on the Judicial Committee vote today, and Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-Shithole) got me so angry that I gave myself an instant headache and probably raised my blood pressure to unhealthy levels.

I just kept flashing back to when Clarence Thomas was approved for his seat on the court. I cried for hours and wore black for a week - I was in mourning. I feel even worse about a possible Justice Alito, because the court will be packed with weasels, and Ruth Bader Ginsberg ain't getting any younger.

No comments: