2/21/2005

A real day off

I didn't have to go to work today, thanks to Washington and Lincoln, and I had the most "off" day I've had in a long time.

I am still, at 8:15pm, in my pajamas. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, but I didn't bother to take a shower. I finished Good Omens (which was excellent, very funny, and I'm pleased that Terry Gilliam is slated to direct the movie), replied to an e-mail from my old friend Greg, who I wrote about in a previous post (I tracked him down by remembering his siblings names, and then finding that one of them had a website with an e-mail on it - I e-mailed him, he e-mailed Greg, and voila!), Monkey's best friend J came over for a couple of hours while J's mom went grocery shopping, and when she picked up J she took Monkey over her house for a few hours, we played with the dog*, surfed the web, watched the tube, came back and surfed the web some more, made some dinner, and now I'm back here again. This is the laziest day I've had in while - I can't remember the last time that I was healthy and didn't leave the house at all.

*On the subject of the dog....our guy is a Basset Hound, which I highly recommend for temperament (he's very sweet, good natured, not the least bit destructive), but must discourage for training (so hard to train...we basically take one steps forward and three steps back). After about 3 months of Cooge reliably doing all his business outside, he suddenly won't defecate outside anymore -- well, he will, but he saves some for inside. He doesn't do this while we're out of the house, when he is confined to the kitchen, but only when we're at home. He doesn't seem to get that we don't want him to do this, because today he just squatted down and did it right in front of Sio. Advice is welcome.

No comments: