6/27/2005

Some call it a meme, I call it a questionnaire

I've been tagged.

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?

a)Dropped out of college
b)forgot to pay a credit card bill that ruined my credit for several years
c)Third on the list but the number one stupid thing I've ever done: voted for Nader in 2000 (although if I lived in a state that was up in the air, I would have definitely voted for Gore. I was not as politically aware then as I am now. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa)

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

My kids, my husband, the liberal blogosphere.


3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?

Mark Twain
Oscar Wilde
Joe Orton
William Shakespeare
David Niven


4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

I'm not sure if I can answer this question. Does it mean that the wishes (which, I think wish fulfillment of the magical variety definitely falls under the category of supernatural) would have to be something that could be accomplished by non-supernatural means?

Aside from wishing I understood the question, here are my wishes:

a) I wish I didn't have to worry about money (I don't want to be fabulously wealthy, just to not spend several hours every month sweating over whether or not I can pay all my bills, and not have to worry about paying for college)
b) I wish I could take a few years off from work to finish college.
c) I wish to live long enough to meet my great-grandchildren.


5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

Regret not having: an independent bookstore within walking distance of my house and an easy, convenient and quick way to travel around town

People should avoid: the mall area, the post office on Main Street (which is run by a bunch of religious whackos)

6. Name one event that has changed your life.

Giving birth

I'm supposed to pass this one to 5 people, but I would feel snubbed if they didn't reply, and my readership has dropped some, so let me just ask the first five people who read this to put their answers in the comments.

No comments: