3/28/2004

God is watching us....or is he?

I got this forwarded to me by a friend:

"After Sept. 11th, one company invited the remaining
>members of other companies who had been decimated by
>the attack on the Twin Towers to share their available office
>space. At a morning meeting, the head of security told stories of why
>these people were alive...... and all the stories were just:
>
>
>
>The 'L I T T L E' things .
>
>
> As you might know, the head of the company got in late
> that day because his son started kindergarten.
> Another fellow was alive because it was his turn to bring
> donuts.
> One woman was late because her alarm clock didn't
> go off in time.
> One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
> because of an auto accident.
> One of them missed his bus.
> One spilled food on her clothes and had to take
> time to change.
> One's car wouldn't start.
> One went back to answer the telephone.
> One had a child that dawdled and didn't get ready as
> soon as he should have.
> One couldn't get a taxi.
> The one that struck me was the man who put on a new
> pair of shoes that morning, took the various means to
> get to work but before he got there, he developed a
> blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a
> Band-Aid.
> That is why he is alive today."



Okay, you've got me so far - it's always interesting to ponder the little twists and turns of life that seem like hugs gifts after the fact. If I hadn't hit the snooze button, that could have been my car that the tractor trailer hit on the highway.

But she's about to lose me:


"> Now when I am stuck in traffic, miss an elevator, turn
> back to answer a ringing telephone ... all the little things
> that annoy me. I think to myself, this is exactly where
> God wants me to be at this very moment.

>Next time your morning seems to be going wrong, the
> children are slow getting dressed, you can't seem to find
> the car keys, you hit every traffic light, don't get mad or
> frustrated; God is at work watching over you.
>
> May God continue to bless you with all those annoying little
> things and may you remember their possible purpose."


So I guess that all those people who didn't encounter little annoyances, or those that planned for those little annoyances so they could make it to work on time - for those people, God wanted them to die in a horrible, fiery tragedy?

Well, that's God for you: Taking credit when coincidence works in your favor, never taking responsibility when coincidence works against you.

No comments: