8/29/2006

I had a dream last night

I had a dream that I had a device that showed me where my favorite bloggers lived, and it turned out that konagod only lived a couple of houses away from me. In my dream, I could tell that I was aware that konagod lived so close by for months, but I couldn't work up the courage to go say hello.

So one sunny day, I had a bunch of paper, and I decided that it would make a nice gift for konagod, so I stopped by his house. It was sort of a farmhouse, but in a very suburban neighborhood, with a small front yard that was close to the road. I stepped down the walk, climbed a couple of stairs to the front porch, and the door opened as I got there.

The person opening the door was me, with a child holding my hand. I told myself that konagod was going to be nothing like I expected, and I headed out. I also climbed the stairs, and when I got to the landing, I looked up, and there was konagod. Except in my dream, konagod was nothing like his picture, he was more like Anderson Cooper, with silvery hair and a blue dress shirt and gray slacks.

"Maureen!" he said, "we've been expecting you!"

Even in my dream, I was disappointed that I wasn't able to surprise konagod.

"This is txrad," he said, and he pointed me towards a giant of a man, someone who appeared to be about 7 feet tall, with a sweet baby face.

Dream konagod led me back down the stairs, and instead of ending up at the front door, we ended up in this big party room, with shag carpeting and a bar, and a band was set up. And then konagod turned into The Minstrel Boy, although he still looked like Anderson Cooper, and he started to play some blues music.

And then my alarm went off.

No comments: