4/18/2005

Family Fare

Over at Atrios, they are discussing family fare on TV (an offshoot of a discussion of the new Dr. Who).

We don't really watch much TV as a family - the bulk of our TV watching is actually *my* TV watching that occurs after Monkey is in bed. TV has a soporific effect on Loki, so I end up watching by myself.

But we do have some shows that we watch together. We all like my beloved Firefly, Invader Zim, Futurama (on DVD), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (although we vet those for content - Monkey basically can't watch anything past the season 6 episode "Tabula Rasa" - not just because there is some rather graphic sexual content in "Smashed", and not just because there is some horrifying violence - flaying - in "Two to Go", but because after that Buffy went way downhill, quality-wise), and Kim Possible.

And Monkey and I have a tradition of watching TLC's "What Not To Wear" together on Friday nights. I prefer the BBC version, but Monkey likes Clinton & Stacy.

No comments: