5/18/2007

You're on the list, The Office

for stealing my joke.

Last night on The Office, Jan showed up with fancy new boobs, and in one talking head interview, Creed said he didn't like fake boobs.

Creed: au naturel, baby. Swing low, sweet chariots

Which is a funny line, but it's also a joke I've been making for several years about my own sweet (albeit pendulous) boobs.

Initially, I was kind of pissed that now I will never be able to make this joke in either an amateur or professional venue without people thinking I stole it from The Office. But now I'm thinking if jokes I make off the cuff are funny enough to be in one of the funniest shows on TV, then maybe I should try writing my own script. Which is why I've decided to sign up for Script Frenzy, the newest spin-off from the creators of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The challenge is to write a script or screenplay in the month of June.

No comments: