5/18/2007

One Day

It's funny how one day can change how you feel about yourself entirely. At about 11am this morning, I was a woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown - Loki had a car accident last night (no one but the car is hurt), I got a call from Monkey's teacher because she hadn't done her homework in 4 days, I'm $13,000 in debt to WPI, and there are a few other serious things going on that I am not at liberty to discuss, because they are not my issues.

I felt like I was standing on the edge all day long - I could just give in and take another step and sob and scream and give in to the increasing panic. But I didn't. I calmed myself down and reacted like a normal, responsible adult. That may not seem like much to you normal people, but to me, this is a big step. I feel invincible tonight.

No comments: