5/20/2007

Sick again

Once again, I am sick. I'm sure it's my own fault - I probably stayed up way too late too many days in a row, and damaged my immune system, but I woke up this morning coughing green crap out of my lungs and since then it has shifted entirely to my sinuses - my ears are closing up and itchy from the fluid in my head, my nose won't stop running, and I'm still coughing up gross stuff.

I had a fairly busy weekend - did some clothes shopping with the Monkey, who has outgrown every single item of clothing in her dresser and closet. We hung out at the bookstore for a while where I got caught up on Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics and picked up Rufus Wainwright's new CD. I also spent some time with the DVR - I watched It Happened One Night (funny), The Dead Poet's Society (sob), and a rendition of A Midsummer Night's Dream with a score by Mendelssohn, Dick Powell as Lysander, Olivia de Haviland as Hermia, James Cagney as Bottom and a quite young Mickey Rooney as Puck. It was very much a movie of its era - clearly on a soundstage, although there were some neat (for the time) effects with the fairies, and I thought everyone did their best with their roles, although Cagney was just a little too self-conscious to be Bottom, IMO.

I've taken some Nyquil, and we'll see how I feel in the morning. I'm so tired of being sick. I hate to complain too much, because there are so many people who have worse than a head cold on their plates, but I will complain a little - enough with the illnesses!

No comments: