1/10/2007

Best resolution ever

I made a New Year's resolution to cook more and more nutritiously for my family, and I think it's the best resolution I've ever made. It's only been 10 days, but every night, I've come home with a plan of some sort for a balanced dinner (even if the plan is leftovers from two nights ago).

A couple of days have been rough because I've been on some kind of time frame to do something in the evening, but mostly, this has made us sit down together (not at the dining room table, which I have to reclaim from the chaos, but at the peninsula counter in the kitchen), eat more slowly, watch less TV, spend more time together....and also made me so full tonight that I am not going to make my planned dessert of French bread with melted brie toasted under the broiler.

No comments: