7/31/2006

Sanity regained

Well, last week was interesting, wasn't it? For me, I did two things I've never done before: made a transexual joke, and announced my intention to leave a website. I'm mortified by both.

The first one...well, I think anyone involved is probably tired of the subject, so I'll move on to the second one. I always rolled my eyes when I read a post or comment by someone saying their farewells over some slight or other. I vowed that if I ever felt I wanted to leave a site, I would just leave; no good-byes. I always thought people posted their goodbye in the hope that other posters would urge them to stay. But that wasn't in my head on Friday.

And my mortification increased as people urged me to stay. I think I was just feeling particularly vulnerable on Friday, I'm not sure why. I'll blame George W. Bush, just because. So if you are a regular Shakespeare's Sister reader, and you see my name pop up in the comments, please don't make a big deal out of it. I was silly to say I would leave, because I couldn't leave, and I don't want to leave.

So let's just say everything is back to normal.

No comments: