3/21/2007

First Day of Spring



Since it's the first day of spring, I wanted to capture a picture of spring in New England. You can't quite see the big cat sunning himself on the front step, but you can see how desperately my yard requires the services of a landscaper. Those evergreens to the right of the door (as you are looking at it) need to go. And there is a rhododendron to the left of the door (as you are looking at it), and I think I've nearly killed it with my attempts to prune it, so maybe we should pull that one and plant something else instead.

Anyway, this is our house. It used to be army green, but I wanted something more cheerful, and so we painted it yellow, with white trim and plum shutters. Everyone tried to talk me out of the yellow/plum combo, but I still like it.

No comments: