12/26/2007

Feeling Blue

My mood today is switching between crankiness and melancholy.

I knew this Christmas was not going to be perfect, but it ended up being much farther away from perfect than I expected. Two friends died in the week before Xmas. Loki has some health issues that are going to take some time to resolve, and in the meantime, he's driving me a little crazy over both his health issues and some other things. I was overscheduled due to my three jobs and school. And our budget is so tight that there is little margin for wastefulness, but we, of course, had an unexpected and unwanted $400 expense.

In addition, I am sort of in a bind with taking time off from work. I'm feeling really overwhelmed, and I think I need to take some time off, but because I'm just a lowly admin asst (title-wise and pay-wise only: responsiblity-wise, I am way beyond admin asst), I can't take time off without coordinating with my fellow admin assts - and they are both out for the rest of the week. So I'm stuck here.

And I have a sort of overarching unpleasant feeling lurking inside me. I have a lot of things that I have to figure out, and way too many demands on my time that I should take to do so.

I kind of feel like checking into a hotel room for a day, just to be by myself, just me and my thoughts.

No comments: