10/13/2004

My Pet Goat

You know, I've read these three words literally thousands of times, but did I ever tell you that I actually had a pet goat? His name was Caligula (my older sister was taking Western Civ at the time and thought that an appropriately goaty name), and he was so cool.

I got him when he was 5 days old. I had to get up in the very wee hours of the morning to feed him, but he was so cute and charming I loved every minute of it. When he got a little older, we bought him a dog collar and we would take walks with him. We would walk down the street to Cumberland Farms and he would wait outside for us.

We eventually sold him back to a farm, as he got very aggressive when he was older - but never to me, he was always a sweetheart to me.

Next time, I'll tell you about my sheep, Sean, and the evil chickens.

No comments: