2/23/2009

Grumble, grumble

Aside from a great three hour breakfast with excellent company, and some laughs at an extra long final rehearsal for my upcoming concert (Friday, February 27, 2009, 7:00 p.m., Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 60 Church Street, Manchester, CT) my whole weekend was one to bitch about.

First, there were brake problems. They went from "hmm, do I hear something?" to full on scratching metal. So that had to be done. I can't even go into the whole red ant-hill of irritation that led to getting them fixed today, but suffice it to say, it was a good day to stay away from me.

Then, today I had two doctor's appointments, one with my orthopedist and one with my regular doctor. I was hoping the first one would lead to some final decisions, like WHEN I would get my hip replaced. Instead, they put me off for 2 more months. I did get to see my even funkier hip joint - the top of my femur is expanding around the outside of my pelvic bone as well as the inside of the ball. If you look at the front view, there is NO SPACE between the ball and joint. None. There is a tiny, tiny pocket of space if you look at it from the side. The doctor wants me to consider fusing, which would eliminate pain in my hip but would place an even heavier burden on my back and the rest of my joints (which is why I don't want to do that). Alternatively, I could get a cortisone shot into the tiny pocket of space, to relieve the inflammation. It could bring relief, or it could do nothing. I'm still undecided on that.

My second appointment was about my other ongoing problem, which is that I've had my period for 21 days now. Almost the entire month of February. So I got to have a sonographer look at my insides today, which was painless, but also frustrating, because she can't discuss the results. The radiologist has to look at them, and I'll be hearing from my doctor on Wednesday about that. So I feel like I'm dangling, looking for answers, but everyone is putting me off.

I'm starting to get a headache from not letting all this anger out.

3 comments:

Toast said...

Really sorry to hear about all that, but especially the delay in your hip surgery. What a drag.

Tracy said...

Yeah, I thought your appointment today was going to be more substantial. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks again for the breakfast date, though! That was an excellent time. We'll do it again.

Tracy said...

And your period for 21 days? That sucks so incredibly much. I know, you know. But, damn.