10/01/2006

1835



Loki and I used to rent a house in Glastonbury, and we encountered some unusual bugs there. One time, I was sitting on the couch in front of the picture window that faced the woods in the back, and Sio started to ask me "Can I have some more chi...." and trailed off in mid-sentence, a look of horror on her face. I turned around and there was a flying insect hanging in the window. The body of the bug was about an inch and a half long, but there was a long red...thing, I don't know what you'd call it, a tail, I guess, hanging off the end of the bug, that was at least 6 inches long.

Another time, I went down to the basement to do a load of laundry, and something caught my eye, in the corner beyond the dryer. I called Loki down to confirm that I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. He did so. There was a large spiderweb in the corner, and trapped in the web was a snake. At first, I kind of freaked out, imagining a spider like our friend in the picture above. "What kind of spider eats a snake!" I wondered.

Loki suggested that the snake probably tried to eat the spider. I was okay with that. Snakes are less creepy than spiders.

No comments: