9/22/2007

Phone calls after midnight are rarely good news

I stayed up a little bit late to watch the Flight of the Conchords marathon on HBO (which I added just for the purpose of catching the marathon), and the phone rang at 1:0something.

"Mom?"

"Yes?"

"I'm okay, I don't want you to worry, but I'm in the hospital right now."

(there's nothing like hearing "I don't want you to worry" to really put your mind at ease)

Turns out Sio was playing football with some people from the dorm, and she fell and cut her leg badly enough that she will probably need stitches. She didn't have her insurance card with her at the hospital, so I went to get it from my purse and lost the call. She was calling from her roommates phone, and I haven't been able to get back in touch with her.

I'm supposed to be picking her up tomorrow morning for a wedding we're going to. I'm not sure if she'll be in any shape to go at this point.

No comments: