10/24/2009

Where the Wild Things Are

Maeve and I went to see this movie today.

Intellectually, I know that all the Wild Things are parts of Max's personlity and psyche, but as someone who experienced abuse as a child, the character of Carol was extremely upsetting to me.

The other thing that upset me was Douglas after Carol attacked him. The only thing I could think of was the very upsetting scene in the movie Titus (if you've seen that movie, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about).

I was a ltitle sad that I couldn't embrace the movie without bringing those things to it, but I couldn't.

OTOH: The Fantastic Mr. Fox looks like it will be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had the same thought! I said something to my husband about it and he said he was thinking, Titus, also.
What a disappointing movie. Not Titus. WTWTA.