12/15/2008

Favo(u)rite Actresses

I've been tagged by Hazel at Let's Fold Scarves. The meme is Twenty Favorite Actresses, and the rules are stated by Hazel as follows:

My first criterion is that the majority of the films made by the actresses are in English since I am not likely to have seen more than two or three of their films if they mainly star(red) in foreign language films. My second criterion follows from this and is that I must have seen more than four or more films with the actress in question. My third criterion is that I have to have watched any old nonsense in order to follow these actresses (examples of these in brackets)


I am amending rule three slightly by listing either any old nonsense or something I would not have watched if the actress in question was not in the cast. For example, I know The Mummy was a blockbuster movie. I didn't watch it until I had seen Rachel Weisz in The Constant Gardener, and then wanted to see more of her.

Hazel is organized and orderly and put hers in alphabetical order; I'm not, so they are just in the order I think of them.

Meryl Streep (Death Becomes Her)
Kathy Bates (Rat Race)
Rachel MacAdams (Wedding Crashers)
Bette Davis (Burnt Offerings)
Jane Fonda (Barbarella)
Betty Garrett (Words and Music)
Rosalind Russell (My Sister Eileen)
Kate Winslet (The Holiday)
Judy Garland (Andy Hardy Meets Debutante)
Emma Thompson (Impromptu)
Rachel Weisz (The Mummy)
Madeleine Kahn (City Heat)
Julie Walters (Personal Services)
Sissy Spacek ('night, Mother)
Eve Arden (Hit Parade of 1943)
Frances MacDormand (Somthing's Gotta Give)
Holly Hunter (Copycat)
Sigourney Weaver (Heartbreakers)
Shirley MacLaine (The Evening Star)
Juliette Binoche (Chocolate)

If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The English kanguage rule eliminates Anna Magnani, Liv Ullmann, and Jeanne Moreau from my list, but, in no particular order, in movies I probably wouldn't have checked out if they weren't in them:

Bette Davis (The Whales of August)
Barbara Stanwyck (Miracle Woman)
Katharine Hepburn (Without Love)
Ida Lupino (The Hard Way)
Julianne Moore (The Hours)
Debra Winger (Everybody Wins)
Sissy Spacek (Raggedy Man)
Jane Fonda (Agnes of God)
Vanessa Redgrave (Second Serve)
Kathy Bates (Annie)
Susan Sarandon (The Hunger)
Hilary Swank (The Core)
Diane Keaton (Mrs. Soffel)
Vivien Leigh (The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone)
Audrey Hepburn (Sabrina)
Jean Simmons (Angel Face)
Gena Rowlands (Unhook The Stars)
Marisa Tomei (Happy Accidents)
Linda Hunt (Waiting For the Moon)
Greta Garbo (Camille)