3/04/2008

Movie Quote Meme

I've added hints
Now I've answered the last one left

Lifted from Toast:

Instructions: Look up 15 of your favorite films on IMDb and take a quote from each. List them below. When someone guesses the quote correctly, cross it off the list. Leave a comment with your answers. And NO CHEATING.


I don't know how to cross out, so I will just post any answers under the quote, along with the name of person who guessed it.

1. "She can't act, she can't sing, she can't dance. A triple threat."
SOLVED by Hazel: Singing In The Rain

2. "She said her fiancé had run off with a student cosmetologist, who knew how to ply her feminine wiles."
turn to the right
SOLVED by Hazel: Raising Arizona

3. "I've met another man. He's the best man I've ever met. He's bright, handsome and he's crazy about me. And, he's married. There's only one thing; he doesn't like my hat."
based on a philosophical novel
SOLVED by Tart: The Unbearable Lightness of Being

4. "It's okay to leave them to die."
SOLVED by Deborah: Serenity

5. "It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable."
SOLVED by Tart: Pride and Prejudice

6. " I can remember everything. That's my curse, young man. It's the greatest curse that's ever been inflicted on the human race: memory."
SOLVED by Hazel: Citizen Kane

7. " You know Mr. Gorbachev, the guy that ran Russia for so long? I am a firm believer that he would still be in power today if he had had that ugly purple thing taken off his head."
Suzanne was willing to do anything to get on TV
SOLVED by Angelos: To Die For

8. "Like I'm gonna put a bullet hole in your fuckin' forehead, and I'm gonna fuck the brain hole! "
SOLVED by Deborah: Grosse Point Blank

9. "As a matter of fact, Father, I know I can get my hands on an entire shipment of religious relics, blessed by the Pope himself. The Germans swiped them and put them on the open market. As I understand it, the stuff includes a wrist and collarbones of some of your top saints!"
Norman Fell, Richard Benjamin, Art Garfunkel
SOLVED by Tom Hilton: Catch-22

10. "I got off that boat with nothing but my dancers belt and a tube of CHAPSTICK! "
ASSFACE
SOLVED by Angelos: Waiting for Guffman

11. "We are number one. All others are number two, or lower."
anger, vengeance, silverware, farting, invisibility, shoveling
NOT SOLVED: Mystery Men

12. "He's the fastest jack in Jefferson County!"
SOLVED by MuzakBox: Groundhog Day

13. " I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze. "
classic British comedy from the '80s
SOLVED by Tom Hilton: Withnail & I

14. "He's payin' so he don't have to look. See... guy goes to work every day, eight hours a day, seven days a week. Gets his nuts so tight in a vice that he starts questioning the very fabric of his existence. Then one day, 'bout quitting time, Boss calls him into the office and says, "Hey Bob, whyncha come on in here and kiss my ass for me, will you?" Well, he says, "Hell with it. I don't care what happens, I just want to see the expression on his face as I jab this pair of scissors into his arm."
dancing in Grand Central
SOLVED by Angelos: The Fisher King

15. "Holy dog shit. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks? "
SOLVED by Mr. Furious: Full Metal Jacket

Read, guess, enjoy.

No comments: