2/25/2007

Sugar Free Me

Although I'm no longer Catholic, I decided to give up sugar for Lent this year. Between recent weight gain and a co-worker getting diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and my mother haranguing me about taking coffee with sugar, I decided it was time to break free. (I'm including high fructose corn syrup, fructose, sucrose, sucralose, etc. in my ban).

I'm doing well, for the most part, but every now and then, I just get this desperate feeling that I must eat something sweet right now. I've been eating fruit and chewing sugar-free gum (not at the same time) to combat that feeling. Earlier tonight, someone in my house made Pop Tarts and didn't eat them, and I just had to throw them in the garbage to stop myself from taking a bite. I even made it through my weekend in NYC without eating any sugar!

No comments: